- Central operation and visualization with integrated event file diagnostics
- Decentralized route control systems
- Classification yards
- Gravity shunting systems (gravity shunting signal box)
- Automation of railway depots
- Remote Control of all-relay interlocking boxes (also of already existing ones) via a remote control system using COMPEX
The PC visualization system from Pintsch Tiefenbach was developed with the aim of making a low-cost technology available to railway planning personnel making it possible to operate a decentralized control and safety system from a central location and thus lighten the workload of locomotive and shunting personnel.
In co-operation with the Deutsche Bahn AG and various other railway companies, the system was continuously developed and adapted to the experiences made by the user.
As a result of this development, a system is available for worldwide use in which the high level of automation and ease-of-use associated with electronic signal boxes can be applied at a particularly low cost in decentralized route control and safety control systems, in already existing relay signal boxes (e.g. remote control systems) as well as in management and planning systems.
The innovative and simple procedures for controlling the systems using a mouse and user prompts via a graphical user interface ensure a high acceptance among users. This is also the case for traffic controllers, planners and other personnel that are involved in operational task.